This weekend I decided to build a little clone based off of 2048, but instead of forking the main 2048 game, I decided to build one from scratch using D3, which I’ve never used before. But it turns out that using D3 was the easy part, the hard part was making the logic for moving the tiles.
[And here’s a demo.]http://agarrharr.github.io/2048-mini/)
It’s a tiny version of 2048. It doesn’t have any numbers on the tiles, just the colors, so it can be kind of hard because some of the colors are really similar!
I’m sure there are still a few bugs to work out, but they probably just boil down to a unit test that I didn’t think to write.
Let me know what you think!
Update- It’s no longer a mini 2048, but a full blown version of 2048 that pretty much looks exactly like the real thing.